Speech Therapy Services
Helping Adults and Children Find Their Voice and Function Normally
Avon Oaks Rehabilitation Services provides speech therapy for people of all ages. We help young and old with speech-related disorders that can have a variety of causes. Whether it’s a child with a language issue or an adult who’s had a stroke and needs help re-learning how to eat and swallow, Avon Oaks has a professional staff you can trust.
Our speech therapy treatments are designed to:
- Improve speech intelligibility
- Increase overall communication
- Expand language and word-finding ability
- Improve cognitive function such as learning, memory, perception and problem solving
- Assist with speech and swallowing problems caused by stroke, traumatic brain injury or neurological disease
What to Expect During Your Speech Therapy
- Excellent coordination of care from acute hospital admission through rehabilitation and discharge home.
- An experienced interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, social workers, nursing assistants, therapists and dieticians all working toward your recovery
- A person-centered care philosophy promoting personal choice, wellness and education
- Amenities including a restaurant-style menu, free Wi-Fi, Internet, cable and telephone